Following the success of the recent meet at Ajmer, Rajasthan, Mrs. Anuradha Singh, programme manager at the national association of street vendors of India, did once again set sail with the same vigor, enthusiasm and optimism, this time to the lively city of Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh.
The objectives of this visit were as follows-
- Appointment with the Municipal Commissioner – Ajay Yadav.
- Appointment with the deputy commissioner – Jagdish Arora.
- Appointment with the IHM principal.
- Interaction with the street vendor’s organization.
- Increasing awareness of the street vending law.
- Intiate training programmes under the ministry of tourism, Gwalior.
- Identification of street vendor leaders.
Apart from these above assignments, Ms Anuradha Singh also visited some of the important markets of the city such as –
2. Pintu park.
4. Murar Sabji Mandi.