National street food Festival is the premier & only street food festival organized in the country. It was started by NASVI as a livelihood promotion and advocacy event. To date, a total of 11 National Street Food Festivals having been organized, it is a unique fest where street food vendors from different regions assemble with their signature dishes. It brings more than 120 street food stalls from 28 states and union territories of India.
Organizing the National Street Food Festival is a major component of the street food advocacy campaign undertaken by us. It provides a unique platform where street food vendors from different regions and places assemble with their signature dishes and interact with thousands of people. It exposes the food vendors to first-hand entrepreneurship experience and they begin to understand and appreciate their own skills.
NASVI, through its initiatives like Safe Food training and its previous Street Food Festivals, has emphasized and brought into practice the need for hygienic food preparation and serving. NASVI aims to create a conducive environment for them to fetch them the earnings they deserve through the National Street Food Festival.
Logistic support that NASVI provides to participating street food vendors
- Travel (domestic as well as local) is taken care of by the NASVI team.
- Accommodation is provided by NASVI.
- Street food vendors are skilled and trained in food hygiene and sanitation before the event.
- Vendors are provided with safety kits including aprons, gloves, caps, etc.
- Stall arrangements are done by the NASVI team.
- Ingredients, utensils, and other needful are organized by the NASVI team.