The Food Safety and Standard Authority of India have started the registration of the street food vendors in the whole of India. In exercise of the powers conferred under section 92 of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, FSSAI has proposed Draft of Food Safety and Standards Regulation, 2010 under which Part 3.2 makes it mandatory for all Food Business Operators in the country to be registered or licensed in accordance with the procedures laid down in the regulation. Hence Licensing or Registration of Food Business Operators (FBOs) shall be an important activity under FSSAI; this not only envisages integrating the individual licensing activities of various divisions of FSSAI under a single Licensing System, at Central or State Level, but also requires Registration of all Food Business Operators using Local Administration Bodies, when their activity does not require a License. All of these are covered under the Food Safety & Standards Regulation, 2010 under deliberation.
The Registration of the food vendors has started since April 2014 in various cities across India. The food vendors can go with valid documents to nearby General Resource Centres of their cities and do the registration.
How to Apply for License/Registration
- For License: FBO’s are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID and Mobile Number which should be kept active.
- For Registration: FBO’s are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID OR Mobile Number
- The name of the FBO should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the License.
- On successful submission of application, the system will generate a unique Reference Id for the application.
- Take a print out of the “Acknowledgment” and “Online Application Form” and attach the Demand Draft for the fee (if payment mode is Demand Draft) and supported documents (Refer Document Checklist) required as part of the application and submit the application to your State Authority or Regional Office of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, within 15 days from the date of submission of application online.
Last date for registration of food vendors – February, 2015.
The Fees for Registration Rs 100