Welcome to National Association of Street Vendors of India (NASVI) Membership.
Download Membership Form Click on Below Link.
BENEFITS OF JOINING NASVI
The benefits of joining NASVI –
- Joining NASVI helps in staying updated about all the information pertaining to the street vendors – their rights, issues, challenges and all the developmental activities undertaken for the promotion and protection of the rights of the street vendors across the country;
- For the protection of the interest of the street vendors NASVI brings in laws/ policies /programmes from time to time. Joining NASVI will help in getting aware about all such schemes and policies and getting benefited from the same;
- NASVI organizes various types of capacity building programmes among the vendors. While doing so NASVI trains the vendors and the members of the vendor’s organizations associated with NASVI in terms of their rights, duties and make them aware about the various rights and policies for the vendors. NASVI also trains the vendors as how to face the situations of harassments and how to place their complaints infront of the respective authorities;
- NASVI enables the link between the street vendors and local government /state.
- Since its inception NASVI has been organizing street vendors and building collective bargaining capacity for them. During the various stage of the collective bargaining process of the street vendors NASVI has taken up wide activities which includes campaigns for awareness creation, organizing rallies, representation before judicial and other governmental authorities, organizing conferences and round tables, and a variety of advocacy initiatives.
- NASVI helps its members during crisis situation. Where there have been cases of illegal evictions and other cases of harassments against the street vendors, NASVI takes appropriate initiatives including engaging in dialogue with the concerned authorities to ensure that the vendors are not unnecessarily harassed or evicted from their place of vending.
NASVI as an organization has always proved to be a helping platform to the street vendors in one way or the other. The organization itself was established to promote and protect the rights of the street vendors across the country. With the undying efforts of NASVI the members associated with the organization are benefited in many ways-
- NASVI is supporting the street vendor’s organizations to get organized for accessing a comprehensive microfinance operation.
- NASVI is supporting the street vendors in organizing Self Help Groups and enabling the Self Help Groups to obtain finance from Banks.
- NASVI is helping the street vendors to get the special insurance schemes to cover their products in case of loss due to natural as well as manmade disturbances.
Access to Thrift and Credit Co-operatives
In order to reduce the dependence of vendors and other self-employed poor on private moneylenders, who siphon off a large part of their incomes, NASVI has initiated the idea of forming a Credit and Thrift Cooperative Society of Street Vendors at District Level to provide qualitative Financial Services of Micro-Saving and Micro-Lending as per the accessibility of Members. The idea is to reach banking services at the vendors’ locations.
Thrift and Credit co-operatives are being promoted to mobilization of individual savings and meet out the credit needs of the members belongs to Street Vendors .Availing the facility of customized loan products being offered to co-operative Members. These co-operatives are owned and controlled by members themselves. NASVI is providing the extensive services by providing facilities of collection and withdrawal is done at their door steps.
Insurance- Insurance is not just a privilege but also a social responsibility. The Street Vendors being a part of the unorganized sector, the vulnerability is very high. Street vendors are vulnerable to loss their goods due to natural as well as man-made disturbances that adversely hampers their economic situation. NASVI is helping the street vendors to get the special insurance schemes to cover their products.
Micro- finance– Micro pension is a unique initiative under which the pension sector joins hands with the development sector and the private sector to ensure that low-income workers save voluntarily and the money is safe. “Micro-pensions can play a key role in bridging India’s pension coverage gap in the Un-organized sector especially in Street Vendors”.